Elesee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rasta's respite rooms

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Rasta's respite rooms Empty Rasta's respite rooms

Post  Lozziieeyy Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:33 am

Rasta lay inside his lair fast asleep. The lair in question was in a remote location, not far north of the desert. It had a welcoming sign outside saying 'Respite'. It had a huge hall, from which many cosy, neat rooms were set, all with lovely wolf skin carpets to sleep on, ideal for a few nights of stay. Rasta was in one of the bottom rooms, his being the biggest, quite untidy, in-built shelves full of books, though the majority seemed to clutter the floor space, stacked up against the walls. Funny how a dragon his size could fit in such a cramped space, but he seemed to manage fine. His breathing could be heard throughout the whole place, as it echoed, the emptiness really showing. The whole place smelt of old books, but the smell of delicious raw meats also seemed to find its way out of the bottom most room. Torches lit up the whole lair beautifully, leaving little shadows.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

https://eleseeroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Rasta's respite rooms Empty Re: Rasta's respite rooms

Post  Arakk Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:38 am

Seya is flying high over the land, looking for a safe spot to rest. She had just finished a particularly unwelcome delivery, and had it been in her interest to nose about, she would have found that the parcel she carried contained a human hand, hence the riot that had driven her out of the nearby desert settlement. However, not being one to investigate what she delivered as long as she was paid, she had let it be, and as a result she was now in a rather foul mood; unpaid and driven out to boot, she definitely intended to maim the black-swathed elf who had hired her. Shoving thoughts of the past aside, she continues scanning the landscape for a potential resting place, smiling when she spots the word 'Respite' outside of Rasta's lair and immediately beginning to descend, albeit warily. Landing just inside the opening, she notices the entire place is lit, and cautiously shouts, "Hello?"
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:23 pm

Rasta woke up and lifted his head. He yawned and rolled to his feet. He had to come out of his room to stretch before taking off, up to the entrance. He landed heavily, enough to make the lair shake. He smiled warmly to Seya and bowed low letting out the terrible sound of creaking scales. "Good..." He looked outside, and to the sky "....morning... afternoon?" He shrugged, then gestured with his wing as an invite to come in. "Looking for somewhere to stay? I have plenty of spare rooms if you want." He turned around and began walking in "Unless you have come seeking my knowledge?" He paused, and looked over his shoulder.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:49 am

Seya gives an agitated sigh, but forces herself to smile and nod. "Morning, Elder. And yes, I'm looking for a place to hide, really. I spent all night and part of this morning delivering a package, and the one who I delivered it to didn't take kindly to it.. Apparently it was a hand. Anyways.. I've got about a dozen soldiers, a town militia, and every able-bodied biped from that miserable settlement after me now.. Do you have any hidden rooms?" She looks around the lair nervously, grimacing as she realizes the futility of looking for a hidden room. "I've got about three hours until they catch up with me, I think. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.. And I can pay you after I find that miserable elf and wring every last coin from his purse, just after every drop of blood from his body." She has dropped her forced smile at this point and just sits there scowling, her mood made worse by the knowledge that this kindly old drake scarcely deserved to become involved in her problems.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:59 am

Rasta tilted his head when she mentioned hiding "People after you.... for delivering a package?" He frowned "Sounds silly to me. You were doing someone a favour, were you not?" He snorted and carried on walking in "Yes, I have a few. They're past the cooler room. so it may be uncomfortable because of the cold. I've never had someone needing to hide before." He smiled at her still, though "If you'd like, I will stay near the entrance until they come, and I can cover for you. Such a thing will not need paying for. I have no need for money whatsoever, alright? Now you just calm down" He chuckled some at her angriness of the matter, and attempts to comfort her by leaning his head down to her level and speaking much more softly "Look, don't you worry about a thing, there's no need for violence. If you want instead, I could explain that you meant no harm or anything." He raised his head again. "Now, how about you choose that room you're looking for, hmm?" He jumped off the edge and with a few heavy wingbeats to keep him steady, he touched down at the bottom, walking down a small corridor, needing to duck to get through, past a freezing room with piles of fresh meat, then into another hall, a lot smaller then the last, with a few rooms coming off. "I suggest one of the top rooms, they're more cosier and warmer." He smiled "Oh, and help yourself to food whenever you need it!"
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:39 am

Seya winces when he mentions it sounds silly, nodding. "It does, but it was a hand, apparently. Presumably belonging to someone the recipient knew.." She follows him into the lair, nodding as he explains the location of the more hidden rooms and failing to keep her scowl in the face of this drake's kindness. "Thank you, Elder, and I don't think the cold will bother me much.." When he lowers his head to her level, she respectfully lowers her eyes to the floor, only raising her head when he moves to the lower levels, following him carefully. She nods when he suggests one of the top rooms, blinking and saying, "Thank you so much, Elder.. Can I call you anything besides that? I don't want to make such a kind drake feel old in his own home." She smiles pleasantly at him, a double rarity for those who knew her, as she rarely smiled and was even more rarely pleasant. When he invites her to help herself, she nods and picks a small cut of meat, lowering her head again in thanks. "I owe you greatly, thank you for all of this."
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:52 am

Rasta raised an eyeridge "A hand.... seems a funny thing to send. Especially since it's got you into this mess. But you have certainly come to the right place. I'm not going to let those bipeds find you, I promise." He smiled when she said about the cold "Well, that's good then. I keep that room cold so the meat stays fresh, don't want it going off and making the whole place stink of rotting carcasses." He laughs when she mentions not wanting to make him feel old "Oh, I'm old. But sure, Call me Rasta. It's such a pleasure to meet you." He bowed low, then straightened up "Well then. Do you need anything else? Perhaps something to do? Unfortunately, the only thing I have currently is books, So come and see me if you want anything to read."
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:08 am

Seya grimaces, shrugging. "The elf who hired me was a bit shady-looking, but I didn't think much of it. None of my business who I'm delivering something for or what that something is.. Until situations like this." She nods agreeably when he says she has come to the right place, and when he seems pleased that the cold won't bother her. When he gives his name, she bows as well, saying, "I'm glad to be introduced, Rasta. I'm Seya.." At his concern for her entertainment, she smiles again and steps forward, briefly nuzzling his chest in thanks before stepping back to her previous position. "No, thank you though. I think I'll sleep.. I flew all night for that package, and didn't get a chance to rest before that mob came after me. I appreciate all of this immensely.. Thank you Rasta. But.. I think I will go to one of those rooms for a rest, if you don't mind." If the old drake didn't object, she would fly up to one of the rooms with a few quick wing beats and move to the very back, so that she could not be seen from the opening.

--

Seya would have quickly fallen asleep and rested for about six hours, during which time the mob would indeed show up, but would be easily sent off by Rasta should he explain her 'fear and confusion'. When she woke, Seya would walk towards the upper parts of the lair, calling Rasta's name and peeking into every room she passed.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:22 am

Rasta shrugged "That's true. Seems very unfair." He smiled "Likewise, Seya. Anyhow, there was no need to tell me your name if you didn't want to, by the way. I've had a few people like that before, you see... secretive people." He bows his head in understanding that she just wanted to sleep, and gently nuzzling her in return "Of course, make yourself at home, and feel free to wonder if you wish, I hope you feel better when you wake, of course. And it's really no problem, It's basically what i'm here for." He nodded and stepped back to give her some space "Well then, have a great rest, and I'll see you when you wake." He turned and walked out, making his way to the entrance.
----
Rasta was lying just inside the entrance, blocking most of it. Upon hearing his name, he stood up, composing himself before showing his face at the top of the hall "You called?" He smiled warmly "I trust you had a good rest?"
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:30 am

Seya nods, again smiling up at the kindly old drake who had helped her in her moment of need. "Yes, good morning! I slept well, indeed. Better than I expected to, with that many on my tail. How are you? Those bipeds didn't give you much trouble, did they? I wouldn't want you to come to harm for my sake." She gracefully makes her way up to the entrance to stand beside him, and in the heat of the day, in contrast to the cool morning, the icy temperature of her scales would be obvious where she stood no further than three feet away. "Do you mind if I sit beside you in the sun for a little while? I need to warm myself up.. You might have noticed how cold I am, I usually sun myself to keep it from getting this bad," she offers by way of explanation.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:47 am

Rasta smiled "Well I am glad. And i'm as good as always. As for the bipeds, they wouldn't dream of disagreeing with me" He said sarcastically, and chuckled "I did get this though..." He picked up a small purse from in front of him and tossed it to her "I managed to get that money from him, or at least who I thought was him. An elf, you said. If I had come to any harm, it would be of my own doing, not yours." He frowned at how cold she was and shook his head "Of course I don't mind. It's often a pleasure to sit next to somebody." He doesn't question why she was so cold, but just raises a wing in case she wanted him to drape it over her to keep her warmer.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:23 am

Seya nods gratefully when Rasta confirms he is unhurt. "Good, I wouldn't want you to have any problems because I took shelter in your lair.." She deftly catches the purse and tilts her head at it, then shrugs and tucks it away in a pouch when he explains. "Thank you. But I hope you didn't give him the impression that it would make him any safer.. I have my reputation to uphold, after all. I don't want more like him thinking those kinds of packages are acceptable. I won't kill him.. But he will regret it, and he'll make sure his friends don't try to send me with any more hands.. Or blackmail, for that matter." She drops it and smiles when he lifts a wing, scooting towards his side appreciatively. "Thank you.. You're so kind, I don't know what else to say." She rests her head on her paws, enjoying the warmth from the sun and from Rasta; Rasta would notice her slowly warming as the next few minutes passed, matching his body temperature inside of half an hour.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:40 am

Rasta smiled "Don't worry about me, it's not worth it." He laughed "Your reputation, hmm? Going around hurting people... if that's what you mean... when they do something you don't like? I know it's none of my business, but you seem like a nice young lady... why would you do anything to him? If it was some sort of joke, i'm sure they were just having a bit of fun. But anyhow, no, I didn't make him think it was all over, I told him that he can expect what is to be expected from an angry and agitated dragoness." He smirked, then drapes his wing over her gently when she sits next to him, enough to keep her warm, but not so much that she felt uncomfortable. "It's really no problem, everyone deserves such kindness." He smiled down at her, then concentrated on keeping her warm, watching the plain grasslands in front of them.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:25 am

Seya grins vindictively, nodding. "Yes.. I don't want those types thinking I am a blackmail courier. I'm an honest messenger, and I don't want to be constantly chased out of towns like this. If I catch that elf, he's going to pay in blood.. Then he's going to tell the others like him that I don't deliver parts, incriminating letters, or any other form of criminal mail... Three times is more than enough." When he draped his wing over her, she would still shift a bit uncomfortably, but relax when she told herself that Rasta was merely being kind and trying to help warm her, and nothing more, which is reinforced by his words. "It is wonderful that you think so... But honestly, your opinion isn't shared by very many. Most think I'm too strange for anything other than carrying their letters and packages... So that's what I do, and I do it better than anyone else. I don't snoop, and I deliver as fast as is possible for any living creature... Just for coin, of course. I've long since given up trying for appreciation, or admiration, even." She seems truly touched by the old drake's indifference to her strange looks and temperature, smiling up at him in what is a quite unusual manner for her.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:50 am

Rasta chuckled, and listened to her explaining everything "Yes, I understand, but perhaps you could just..." He paused and shook his head "Never mind, it's none of my business what I think you should do." He made sure she was comfortable before resting his head down on his paws. "I don't think so. I know so. I'm sure there is a reason for all this behavior, there's always a reason. He sighed when she explains what 'most' think of her, and tells her "I'm sure that's not what people think. You just show your strange side because you have lost your others. Though you already have shown some of your more brighter side since you have been here." He smiled "You seem very hard working, aswell. If you ever need any help on delivering anything, then I will gladly do so. As old as I am, I'm still up for the odd trip to stretch my wings now and then" He chuckled "And it would be for a good cause, too." He paused for a few minutes before saying "If it's any consolation, I admire you. For what you do, and for trying so hard... and it seems you have lost something. You deserve more than what you have now."
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:44 am

Seya nods, appreciating that he respected her views enough to not try and change them. "I provide a service.. I'd hate for people to start abusing that. This is a way I can keep those kinds of packages from being sent with me, without having to meddle with the mail." She sniffs, almost affronted. "I do have respect for my job, after all. I've never opened a piece of mail and I don't intend to start." She listens intently, frowning when he assures her that people don't think such things of her. "I've had it said to my face, by dragons and bipeds alike... Most don't care about what you call my bright side.. And you are seeing it because you have shown me such kindness, and me a stranger. Most never do.." She smiles and nods at his complement and offer to help. "Thanks, I'll be sure to ask you if I find anything too heavy to carry alone." At his last statement, she smiles briefly, then frowns at the last part. "I have lost something.. Several somethings. Family being the first, since my parents were too much cowards to step up and admit they lost my egg up north.. Then a close friend, the human who found me. I've been on my own since I was six.. But don't feel sorry for me. I don't deserve any more than I have, if I want more I'll have to earn it. That's how the world works. So, I do my job, and I do it well... I'm glad at least someone admires me for it."
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:43 am

Rasta nodded "Of course, I'm sure, no doubt you do." He decided to let the subject go, since it was obviously something that doesn't need any more pressure on it. He sighed when he found out she had had such things said to her face. He did something that he usually wouldn't and lifted his head to nuzzle her's gently "I'm sorry that you have had that said to you... You know... don't take those things to heart, I've been called plenty of things in my time." He chuckled, remembering a few of them, before smiling softly "It's no problem, these days I'm very lazy, will do me good." He looked at her and listened, sad to hear what had happened, and fell silent. He found it hard to find any words to say, so instead he laid his head down on his paws, leaving a respectful silence, before finally breaking it a few minutes later "I wish I could have helped in someway back then." He looked away sorrowfully.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:56 am

Seya smiles as he lets the topic of how she planned to deal with the elf drop, and is silent until the nuzzle, at which she flinches slightly but allows, pulling away and looking at Rasta questioningly, but only commenting on his words. "Hopefully good things.. You're a kind old drake, Rasta, I can't imagine any who would insult you." She smiles and shrugs as he mentions he is lazy, frowning when she notices his reaction to what she had told him. "Wishing only causes harm and heartache... I'm sorry I mentioned it." Shifting slightly, she would seem to consider something a few moments, then nuzzle Rasta's shoulder, smiling somewhat sadly at his kindness, unable to display complete happiness for the memories the conversation had brought up. "Why don't we talk about something else," she suggests, attempting to relax both of them by leaning lightly against Rasta's side and resting her head on her paws.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:08 am

Rasta would pull away instantly at her flinch and turn away slightly. He chuckled though when she spoke "You wouldn't believe what I've been called at some points in my life then, since of all the things I've had said to me, most of them, really haven't been very nice. I haven't always been nice, you know. Was quite the menace as a teen and young adult." He smiled, then frowned when she spoke about wishing, and sighed, questioning why he had even said that "Don't be, I shouldn't have said that" He tries laughing it off a little, trying to lighten the mood up a little." He nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I think moving off this topic is best. Sometimes I hate going into the past." He smiled softly as she leaned against him, trying to think of another topic to talk on.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:16 am

Seya frowns as he stops his nuzzle, not upset with it, merely not expecting it. "A menace..? That doesn't seem to fit with the drake I'm sitting next to... And the nuzzle was fine, I just didn't know it was coming." She would listen until he agreed with her on changing the topic, then smile in earnest, suggesting, "Maybe you might tell me a bit more about what you meant, being a menace when you were younger. I'd be happy to hear a bit more about you, if you don't mind talking about it." She relaxes in full now, slumping loosely against Rasta's side now that she was comfortable with him, experiencing a rare glimmer of affection for the kindly old drake.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:08 am

Rasta chuckled "Yes, I have changed so much since then." He shrugged slightly "Okay... just tell me if you feel uncomfortable, I don't want you to feel that" He smiled, and seemed to look beyond her as he began thinking about his past again. "I could... if you really wanted to... but it's pretty boring for the most part." He looked at her a few more minutes before looking outside with a sigh "Alright... well, about being a menace. After I had left my parents for a... sort of dragon boarding school, to train. They wanted me to be a warrior like my father. Truth is, I never fitted in, it really wasn't my strong point. Whenever I got the chance, I would go to the library and read, which naturally, made everyone think I was what they called... a 'geek' " He chuckled, which seemed to fade "Then I told myself that I would show them one day that I am more than that. I began mixing with the wrong group, and we would storm small villages, drain their taverns..." He looked down at his paws "I became unstoppable..." He glanced at her for a second, then back down to his paws "Of course, soon I got caught and kept isolated from everyone else, my parents soon disowned me and I found this place abandoned, I came here and decided to live here... and that was about eighty years ago." He felt small at this point, and fell silent, hoping that now Seya wouldn't think bad of him.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:57 am

Seya smiles, nodding. "Don't we all?" She smiles reassuringly, nodding when he asks her to let him know when he is making her uncomfortable. "I will, don't worry.. As long as you don't try anything too much more than friendly, I'll be fine. Just surprised me a bit." She smiles at him and nods encouragingly when he says he could tell her. "Please, do tell." She would then listen intently to his story, blinking and tilting her head when he mentions falling in with the 'wrong group', as he put it. As he finished, she would notice his discomfort and nudge his shoulder reassuringly. "I asked to hear it, and I'm glad I did. I respect you even more, now... You used to be like that, and still you've become the drake you are now. That's admirable, I think."
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:31 am

Rasta smiled briefly and nodded to Seya's first statement, before saying simply "Yeah..." He nodded "Don't worry, I'm only friendly" He smiled slightly and looked at her when she nudged his shoulder "Thanks... but i'm not sure it makes up for what I did back then. I hate having to live this life, knowing that I have destroyed and ruined others'..." He scanned the horizon some "You know, I reckon that everyone still thinks I'm a troublemaker. Even now, I get guests who think i'm some sort of... well I don't know, I get weird looks from some. I never really get to show my kindness to anyone. This must be the first time i've had a conversation in a couple of years. My usual sayings are 'Come in' and 'I require no coin', 'help yourself to food, in the cooling room' " He chuckled some "Boring really, and nothing to admire here."
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:01 am

Seya smiles and nods as Rasta confirms he is only friendly, and concerns she might have had about the alternative instantly quieted. She lets him speak his piece, before nuzzling him again, frowning. "The kindness you've shown me today would make up for anything you've done in the past. It shows me that you've changed, even if you can't see it yourself. That you desire to help others like this goes entirely against any ill you might have done others in the past... Noone should give you odd looks for that." She smiles and rests her head against his side when he says he is boring, growing drowsy from the warmth and appreciating his company immensely, compromising with, "Perhaps a boring sort of admirable. But still, admirable that you managed to change, and admirable that you show such kindness for nothing in return... Compared to me, you're an amazing person. I'll admit, I do my job well... But as you've seen, I have no qualms against harming those who abuse my services, or really anyone who slights me at all. You're kind to everyone, regardless, and expect nothing for it, even when, as you say, they give you odd looks, or insult you. So.. If you're allowed to admire me, I'm doubly allowed to admire you, agreed?"
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:17 am

Rasta smiled "Thanks, it means alot to hear someone say that, it really warms my heart, thanks young Seya. Y'know, I think my size and looks put people off... I mean, finding a random cave in the middle of no-where with a lone, old drake, who really could?" He chuckled "But you of course. No doubt i'll be this boring, yet admirable 'till I die. Which can't be too far away" He laughed "Why, it feels great to be appreciated for once, the most I get is a thank you these days, you are the highlight of my year." He seemed instantly cheered up. "But don't put yourself down because you're not like me. You have gone through so much in such a small amount of time, it's no doubt you'd feel and act the way you do. You, are also amazing, you just don't know it yet." He chuckled and nodded "alright then, agreed."
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum