Elesee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The western hive (1)

2 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The western hive (1) Empty The western hive (1)

Post  Lozziieeyy Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:12 am

Emmae was standing at the base of the mountain, her lair at least half a mile up, she was muttering to herself before she started to climb the mountain, it was very quiet today, few dragons were flying, the sun was out and the planet Tertum was huge in the sky, the lava burdened peninsula caught in the middle of the mountain range. Emmae got up just as the sun was too much to bare. She walked into the obsidian black lair. She stood on her hindquarters and lit a torch at the side of the lair and sat down, staring out over the mountains and the dragon council 'hive'. She leaned forward and crossed her paws over, closing her eyes as her head was held high, tail swaying slowly.

Last edited by Lozziieeyy on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:58 am; edited 3 times in total
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

https://eleseeroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The western hive (1) Empty Re: The western hive (1)

Post  SamusRisng Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:41 pm

The green dragon with the large bulk had no lair to call his own stood about twenty feet tall. He shook the ground a bit with his steps, though they seemed a bit sluggish. He was wandering around the mountain, away from his 'master' at the moment, trusting that his link to them would inform him of any danger they could befall while he was out and about, but keeping his wings tense and ready in case he had to fly off at a moment's notice. He stared up at the sky and the planet in the distance, wondering what possibilities the huge orb held within it, and how one could gain access to its secrets, was it a huge rock just waiting to crash down on them, perhaps a flood of water, forever contained within the sky, all he knew for sure was that he couldn't reach it. His wings would not support his weight for much more than a short flight and he growled in annoyance before examining his surroundings again for anything that could occupy his attention, he noticed a few lairs hidden back in the mountain and figured the residents wouldn't mind a bit of help maintaining them before he went over and dug his claws into the entrance, trying to smooth it out nicely as best as he could.
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:54 pm

Emmae stood up as she heard an elder's footsteps and walked back up to the entrance, she was barely half his size but she stood tall, and her head was held high, she walked with the elegance of a true soldier, she bared her 'fangs' and hissed at the stranger before asking "What do you think you are doing?" flicking her orange tail, annoyed with the arrival.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:24 pm

Draken looks down at the smaller dragon with a slight bit of curiousity before joking, "Looking for a snack...little thing." He drooled a bit to emphasis the effect before chuckling to lighten the mood again. "Hmm...so do you live here then? I'm just cleaning up the entrance a bit." He raked his claw on a few jutting pieces to demonstrate, smoothing out the arch that lead into the lair, "Where are your parents? Obviously they should be here protecting you from big hungry drakes...and telling me exactly how they want their lair."
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:36 pm

Emmae flapped her wings in utter frustration and spoke loudly "Snack huh? this time of the day? Seems as if -mine- just turned up at my lair, how convenient" she stepped towards him and growled "The lair is perfectly how I want it, and if you must know, I am going on thirty, meaning I'll be a fully trained warrior, AND a position in the council. I left my parents when I was ten, I don't need -them- to protect me, now if I were you i'd slither back to wherever it is I came from, you obviously don't come from around here" she shook her head and muttered "Eastern weakling" before glaring at him "You should know better than to be hanging around this place during the day." she was still baring her teeth, and studying him closely, no fear in her eyes, instead a threatening glare.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:54 pm

Draken frowned at the younger dragon and sighed a bit, "What on this great Elesee are you getting so worked up over? I want to help with a lair and you go off on me like I'm a threat...although I suppose that joke I made wasn't exactly nice." He shrugs and stops scraping at the lair, but does not move from where he is, Emmae not intimidating him at all. "And me...your snack?....that's a funny joke there little one. Trying to act big?" He listened to her talk of having a position in the council and being a trained warrior. "Hmm...yes I suppose you are trying to act big. Those are all nice accomplishments, but I'm already a fully trained warrior and if you're going to get angry just because someone wanted to help you, I think you should reconsider being one..." He kept his jovial smile the whole time he spoke and the last few words did not sound entirely serious. To reinforce this he commented, "Oh...and I'm not saying you should give up at all, just reconsider where your anger is better being directed at."
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Emmae took a deep breath, she didn't want to fight this drake, she calmed down and bowed her head "I should say sorry, you were hungry? Do you want anything? I have large tropical fish and a stash of the finest raw deer, the Realeden kind, imported from the swamp, you'll be glad to know I have some around my size, if you want some?" her head was still bowed, and she was slightly nervous to look back up again, since he had finally broke her. "I'm not trying to act big, just expressing the danger around here" she lied, and stepped to the side, gesturing with a wing as an invite to come in. "Sorry for my rudeness, It's funny what having no parents to tell you what to do, does to you." She refrained from smiling, and she showed no emotion, and she, as well as the lair gave off a dull, depressive vibe.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:29 pm

Draken raised an eyeridge. Her dramatic change of emotion. He had realized that she was backing down...so to speak, but had expected more resistance than that. He hadn't even needed to display his teeth. "Little one...relax." He told her, "I am not going to take any if your food...unless you wish me to have it. I was merely trying to intimidate you a bit...you are...okay right?" The prospect of deer her size was actually very delightful to Draken, but he figured seeing him eat something her size as easily as he would, would have unnerved her a bit, and decided to refrain from doing so for her sake, "I got a lot to eat before coming here. And yes...I don't blame you for protecting yourself. I should probably be apologizing instead for invading your lair...not that I'm going to." He took her offer to go into the lair and turned back before spreading a wing, "What is your name, young one?" He asked before motioning her over as if he wanted to lay the wing on her.
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:45 pm

Emmae sighed, and her eyes flickered from black to bright orange a few times before becoming a plain faded orange, looking at the ground "You can eat if you want, I am fine." she looked up at him and followed him in, but kept away from him, even with the inviting wing, she tried to stop herself from shaking, she had found fear, and it gripped her until even her breath became shaky, she decided that a full dragon was less likely to do anything so hurries on down into the lair "The deer is this way" she lead him through several small rooms, plated perfectly with platinum, it seemed pitch black inside though, and the torches were very dim, letting almost no light at all, passing barred rooms of tonnes of coins, armor and swords, hoard, masses of it, before she came to a pitch black room, she went in, and dragged out a fresh deer, plump "The best in the land, I hope you enjoy it" she bowed and decided to sit herself down in the room next door,not being rude and watching him eat, instead staring at the wall in the next room, trying to compose herself properly.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:39 am

Draken noticed a slight color change, but it had been too quick for him to tell it came from her eyes. He glared for a moment, trying to pick out what looked different than before but couldn't. "Well...thank you." He told her, noticing that she stayed away from him still, and that she was indeed scared, "Hmm...little one I am not going to hurt you...as long as you do not deserve it. No need to be frightened." The words likely would have been more reassuring if the ground didn't quake with his steps. He watched her run ahead and followed after, eyeing the way the lair was shaped. It was actually very well made it seemed. Even the entrance from earlier hadn't been too bad at all. He was finding it hard to find spots that needed touching up, although he did notice that it was...dark. He made a note of fixing that later if the young dragon would allow him, and noticed that she had neglected to mention her name. He snorted a bit angerily when she was out of earshot before sighing and telling himself, "Hmm...she's just scared...I can understand that. She's been pretty polite so far." He walked up to her as she brought out the deer and grinned as he started salivating. He grabbed the deer and bit it in half with a quick jerk of his jaws, swallowing the first half of it and licking the blood off his lips and the ground. He grabbed the remainder and tore off both legs, making a loud crunch as he bit down on them and shattered the bones before swallowing them too, and then just tossing the rest of it in his mouth and licking up any remains, so that nothing of the deer was left. "Hmm...that was very kind of you..." He said as he slowly approached Emmae, "So you live here all alone?"
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:05 am

Emmae sat still in the room, a shiver running down her spine when she heard the crunching. She took a few deep breaths "Yes. I live here alone, and I wouldn't usually let strangers inside but seen as you're here and I was rude to you at first, how could I not let you in and... Devour that lovely deer." She closed her eyes as they flickered again, and growled to herself. "Sorry. That wasn't at you." She quickly changed the subject "Need anything else?"
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:35 am

Draken stares at the younger dragon for a moment. Having been aware of her fear for a while now and doing nothing to relieve it, he began to feel as though he had done wrong. Especially after the free meal, "Relax...I told you before the deer I was full..." He said, taking on a much gentler and less sarcastic tone, "You could say I've been rude to you too...just walking in like I own the place and eating your food...not any way I should have acted at all. I'm sorry to hear that you live here alone..." He blinks a bit in surprise at the growl, he had not thought she would become more aggressive when he relaxed and he growled back before she explained that it wasn't at him, He moved his head as far from her as he could and looked towards the entrance, "I don't need anything...didn't even need the deer. What about you, do you need anything?"
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:33 pm

Emmae looked at the floor "I'm the one who let you in, you didn't do anything wrong, I think you were just trying to be helpful." She lay down more comfortably and looked back up at him "I don't need anyone, nothing wrong with me living alone. I have to say it does get a little lonely, but I don't like people anyway." She lay her head on her paws, now more relaxed "I don't need anything, thanks.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:46 pm

"It may be true that you let me in....but you can't really say I didn't force my way in...just look at the way you were shaking a while back." He steps a bit closer trying to make his footfalls as light as possible to avoid making quakes. "Yes...I did notice." He told her, although he tried to make his voice soft instead of rough. "As for living alone, I agree there's nothing wrong with it, but...you can't really spend your life living away from everyone. Like you said...lonely. Hmm...and perhaps better lighting in the lair might help with it not being so...gloomy." He slowly as possible lies his body down a short distance away from her before lifting his wing again, "I promise I won't hurt you little one. As I said, I'm full..." He chuckled a bit at this, some of his old tone returning.
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Emmae sighed "I'm just not used to having people around, especially people as old as you, that's why I was shaking. And I'd rather live away from everyone, it's how I like it, as well as have the lighting how it is, I hate light, especially daylight." She curled up slightly, and stared at the floor "So that means you would hurt me if you [i]were[i] full?" She said as calmly as possible.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Emmae sighed "I'm just not used to having people around, especially people as old as you, that's why I was shaking. And I'd rather live away from everyone, it's how I like it, as well as have the lighting how it is, I hate light, especially daylight." She curled up slightly, and stared at the floor "So that means you would hurt me if you weren't full?" She said as calmly as possible.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Draken frowned a bit and said, with faked intimidation, "What are you saying I'm old, child?" He then laughed a bit to ease the mood again, "Nah...just kidding, yeah...I understand. My presence wouldn't exactly be normal for you...but." He sighed, noticing he had probably frightened her a bit again, "Umm...yes, normally I would hurt something nearby if I wasn't full. But you have nothing to fear...I would not harm you. Starting to like you a bit actually...and why is daylight bad?" He snorted a bit and picked a bone from his teeth with his claws as he waited for her responses.
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:20 pm

Emmae nodded "You can't deny it" she smiled ever so slightly "I haven't met someone like you before, even I wouldn't harm someone if I was hungry, you would?" she looked around a little for a few seconds "It's a good job you definitely aren't then isn't it, heh" she shut her eyes "Daylight is bad because... I don't know I just don't like it, it sometimes hurts my eyes, and If I'm out there too long, I start to not feel well, not entirely sure why, I think I was born with it." she stretched her wings slightly.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:21 pm

Draken nodded, "Yes...I'll admit that I am old...but you don't mind that, do you?" He smiled at her before he had even noticed hers and nodded, "I would attack someone if I was hungry...dragon's got to eat don't they?...and that's odd, sunlight doesn't do anything to me you know and it doesn't to most dragons I've met either. Now...as to the matter of you being all alone out here...I would advise you allow yourself friends to help. And, not saying I particularly want to stay here or anything, but if you want to be friends, we can be friends."
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:32 pm

Emmae shrugged "Why should I mind that you're old?" she nodded in response to his question about dragons eating "I suppose if I was so hungry I'd eat someone, if they could be taken down first of course don't want to die just getting some food hmm?" she yawned "Yeah, probably a condition or something still, fresh air is better at night anyway." she snorted at the mention of friends "Friends? please, I don't do friends" she then looked at him and said quickly "Not that I don't like you or anything, because I do you've been kind to me just..." she falls silent, fearing she'd offend him if she said anything else.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:40 pm

Draken grinned showing a few teeth at her comment, "Not as young as I used to be..." he commented, "Glad you don't mind...and hmm? Yes...that's generally how I look at it. I need food. I generally don't attack someone right away, but...if they get in the way too much, don't really care who they are." He tilted his head at the mention of her not gaining friendships, "You...do realize that's probably why you're out here and lonely...would you consider it at least? Or is it that I frighten you too much? And no, I haven't entirely been kind to you, threatened to kill you at one point, wouldn't say that's kind..."
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Emmae nodded. "I better not get on your bad side then, I don't want my life cut short by someone eating me for being annoying." she looked at the floor "I don't care that I am out here and I don't care that i'm lonely either, people don't like me because I come across a lot differently than any normal dragon." she stretched her legs to the side "You just put me a little out of my comfort zone, maybe I could try to be friends with you, at least you're not so repulsive as some of the dragons around here." she yawned some and curled up tighter "I think I could try to be friends with you" she repeated.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:12 pm

Draken laughs a bit and says, "Don't worry...I have enough self-control to not do that to people I like, even if I get angry at them. You'll be safe so long as I still like you." He then stands and moves himself next to Emmae, "People don't like you because you like the dark and you're different you mean? Well the only reason I didn't like you was you were acting like you wanted to fight. Although I can understand putting you out of your comfort zone...sorry about that. Not entirely the friendliest dragon around. Then again, neither are you it seems...and I wouldn't mind being friends like I said." He noticed she was getting tired, or seemed to be, and gently settled to the ground near her again before draping a wing over here and saying, "You going to rest until night then?"
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:27 pm

Emmae gave a quiet sigh of relief "That's good. I think I have my work cut out for me though" she joked "Yes, that's exactly what I mean, have you seen what their lairs look like? so bright even that hurts my eyes, so much different to the black walls and dim torches like what i'm used to. And yeah, it was a bit stupid of me to do that, if you were my size, I would have tried to chase you away, or fight you, but I suppose I know better then to pick on someone your size and experience. It's okay, I need to get used to it if I get a job, not many jobs to do at night in this place." She sighed and shut her eyes as he draped his wing over her, she would feel cold as ice.
-----
Emmae woke up hours later, her instincts telling her it was night, her eyes were as black as her head. The room was almost pitch black for the torches were almost out. She rested one last minute, reluctant to leave the warmth of Draken before sliding out from under his wing and stretching out her legs and wings.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:46 am

Draken shook his head, "You don't worry need to worry about me not liking you...unless you try to make me not like you...which I advise against." He chuckled at her joke and then frowned, "Yeah...I've seen other lairs. They are much more brightly lit, but that's no reason to treat you like you're different." Draken had now wrapped his wing around her and recoiled slightly at the temperature change, "Whoa! Y...you okay?" He asked before draping it over her again and pulling her close, flinching slightly from the cold. "Anyways...yeah, probably better not to make someone this much larger than you angry. And hopefully you'll be able to get used to the sunlight." He set his head down to rest with her although he didn't actually fell asleep.
---
Draken hadn't fallen asleep, though he was very close to it and he barely noticed Emmae move from his wing. It caused him to lift his head and look around the dark cave. He even checked under his wing, but found Emmae wasn't there. "Little one?....hey..." He called out, sounding a bit worried.
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next