Elesee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tavern work (1)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tavern work (1) - Page 2 Empty Re: Tavern work (1)

Post  Arakk Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:46 am

Eldyn stretches slightly with a 'hmm', closing one eye but keeping the one facing Thelissa open. "I guess you could look at it that way... Still, it would be nice if -someone- was interested in me.. Mm.. Suppose noone likes a joker." He winces, a memory coming to mind. "Well, there was this one, a fur... He seemed a bit more than friendly though." Chuckling as she rests against him, he brings his paws around her and manages to shift his head onto them, loosely hugging her as he began to doze off. "No problem.. You're nice enough...." Trailing off, he would quickly be asleep barring drastic measures to prevent it.

-- Eldyn would sleep through the rest of the day and the night, snoring quietly.

Waking up and immediately becoming quiet, he opens his eyes and looks around for Thelissa, shrugging if he doesn't spot her and climbing up on the roof to look around town and wait for her to come outside. Should anyone notice him, he would grin at them and give a small wave, regardless of his slight hangover.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:42 am

Thelissa smiled and shrugged "Hey, love isn't the best thing in the world." she tilted her head but decided to leave him to his thoughts, guessing that it was something he didn't want to talk about. She hugged his head a little and chuckled as he fell asleep so quickly.
----
The tavern door was back leaning against the hole where it is meant to be attached. Thelissa opened it about half an hour after Eldyn got up, and sat on a bench outside. She eventually noticed him on the roof. She stood up and looked around. She called up quickly "Get down from there before you break through the roof!" She didn't sound angry, but worried.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

https://eleseeroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:28 am

Eldyn's eyes nearly bulge from his head as the roof creaks at his rapid evacuation. Landing with a wince, he lowers his head apologetically. "I'm sorry Thelissa, it hardly occurred to me that the roof would mind my weight." He chuckles and shakes his head slowly. "I suppose I play along with other's opinions a bit too much, hmm. In my mind, I'm still but twenty-something, nowhere near heavy enough to collapse even a dainty roof. I must say, I have gotten somewhat fatter in the twenty-odd years since... Lucky you caught me before I found a weak spot, heh." He pads amiably over and gives her a friendly lick, ignoring the flaring of his headache as he lowers his head to do so. "How are you this morning, aside from worried for your roof?"
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:35 am

Thelissa sighed in relief "Sorry, the roof is very weak. I'm meant to get it fixed when I get enough money. But my Tammy sleeps just below where you were. It doesn't matter. It's all ok now." She chuckled "Don't worry, I bet everyone gets the same. But yes, that was lucky." She tried hugging his head as he licked her "I'm doing alright, wasn't too busy yesterday, but I have enough for food for today and tomorrow" She smiled. "How about yourself?"
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:17 am

Eldyn grins, humming quietly. "You say you need money to fix your roof? If you don't mind being without one for a few days, I could build you a solid one. It would be nice to have a place to sit... Though if I did that, I might as well build it up some. Mmm.. How much of the land do you own?" He sets such thoughts aside for a moment at her mention of Tammy. "Oh, the little one? That would have been doubly bad! Apologies... But if you're well, I am well." Returning to his earlier train of thought, he looks at the unused land around the tavern. "If you were amenable to less of a lawn, I consider myself quite the architect.. I could easily fix your roof and add a room or two, as well as enlarging the common room... In return, though, you would definitely have to let me perch on the roof. It's such a nice vantage point.." He nuzzles into her as she hugs his snout, but eventually pulls away to look around. "And as for the rest of the land, if you own it, I'm sure the path could use some new pave stones, and perhaps a bit of an outdoor area.. You'd have to furnish it, over time, but between my size and the abundance of resources around my lair... It'd be a fun little project for me, to keep myself occupied." He blinks and looks up at the homely establishment, thinking a moment, then shrugs. "Or just the roof and possibly a bit of paving around the edges, and perhaps an overhang or two. Depends if you're comfortable changing it.. I know the feeling of being attached to something just the way it is, trust me."

Last edited by Arakk on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:27 am

Thelissa nodded at his first question and her eyes widen, and she smiled "You would really do that for me?" She looked around "Well, all of it actually, I was planning to expand anyway, get a little cosy hotel and everything, it would be amazing if you could really help." She smiled and squeezed his snout tighter until he pulled away "You would really like to do it? And of course you can sit on the roof, I trust you'll make one durable for your weight" She chuckled then looked up at the house before saying "Nah, I only got it because it was cheap."
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:21 am

Eldyn grins excitedly as she agrees with his plan. "If you wanted to tear it down, too, I could ventilate the upper sections of my lair for you two to stay in, and store your possessions and supplies. I'd also feed you, until I was done.. You'd be without a livelihood until I finished, so it's the least I could do..." He stretches as she goes on, chuckling as she mentions it was cheap. "I can, and would. I can have plans in a day or so, knocking it down would take a couple more. Whoever gave it to you cheap will likely regret it when I'm done." He thinks for a moment, then recalls something. "Oh, and I'd do it just for the notice.. No need to pay me, I've little else to spend my coin on, aside from mead. This is practically the same thing, on a bigger scale." He grins playfully and stretches out in front of her, relaxed. "Speaking of plans.. I think it will be a bit odd by your standards. I'm imagining a large common room, a courtyard, and rooms to the sides. How does that sound?" He idly taps his claws as his mind explores the dimensions of the open land, imagining what he could build with some help from the locals; he seems to be enjoying himself already.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:33 am

Thelissa shrugged "If you would do that, I would so like it. And i'm sure Tammy would love to come to your lair, and believe me, we have no worldly possessions. Just a few clothes really." She smiled and clasped her hands together, seeming to be daydreaming, before snapping out of it "I can't believe it. You are the kindest Dragon I have ever met." She grins "They certainly would. We can make it the best looking tavern anyone has ever seen" She chuckled "If we put all the work into it. You know, I couldn't let you do all this for no money. You can have free drinks if you'd like, then you can save the money you usually spend on mead, and use it for other things." She stopped herself getting too over-excited "Wow... It will certainly be big then. Will need staff, and lots of them." She walks over and sits by his head, stroking his snout.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:04 am

Eldyn considers what she's said, especially the bit about free drinks and staff, and grins. "I wouldn't say no to free drinks.. But I honestly don't need the coin for anything else. So.. What I do have could go towards your staff, I suppose. And.. Something that big, I'd imagine three, four, maybe five humans or elves would be enough. You'd only need to sweep the floors and clean the tables, right? And then you could just run the place, hmm... It would be a big step though. Your jeweler seems to think my reopening the mines will bring a new rush of people to the town, just to get a look at the jewels I bring in, so you'd have plenty of business. And if you like my idea of a big, high-ceilinged common room, you'd attract the other dragon or two that tends to hang about up here.. I'd fetch them for you, even."
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:21 am

Thelissa smile "That would help alot, I thank you so much, It's funny how one dragon with a mine and a piece of mostly disused land could do to my life. If it works out, of course." She sighed happily and lay across his head. "I just hope it's not too good to be true. Because I want it to be true" She chuckled.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:33 am

Eldyn smiles in return, chuckling. "Oh, it will work out if it knows what is good for it.. Else, I'll kick it until it does. I promise you that." He looks over the land again, nodding. "I think I'll take my time on this one.. Want to give me a week to work on planning? I'll come in for drinks and such, of course, but I'll be awhile starting." He nudges Thelissa affectionately at her last comment. "Also, you have no need to worry. If I can't handle what I'm imagining, you can be sure I will give you the best I can.. It will be nicer than what you have now, I guarantee. Not often that a drake gets to build the tavern he plans to be a regular in, so I full well plan to do an amazing job." He drifts off a bit, looking off in the direction of his lair, then towards the jeweler's store. "I just hope that jeweler can make as much of those gems I gave him as he thinks he can. I'll need help on the detail work.. One can only go so far stacking trees, heh... Anyways, I should get to it right away, shouldn't I? If I'm going to put a week into those plans.. That gives you time to pack, I think, and.. Hmm.." He pulls a gold coin, his only one from the jeweler, from his money pouch and passes it to her. "This is worth what.. A hundred of those silver ones? And you said that pawful from the other day was good for today and tomorrow, as well as replenishing your stock of what I and the others drank..? This should feed you a while.. Stock up on anything but meat, as I don't bake." He chuckles and stands, stretching his wings. "Mmm.. I'm not forgetting anything, am I?"
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:05 am

Thelissa chuckled "Right. So it will be to the best of your ability, I am reassured that it will be a great place, no matter what then." She nodded "Yes, take as long as you need. It's really no problem. I will be grateful if it even took years, as long as it would happen." She smiled and hugged her knees to her chest "I'm sure the townsfolk would love to help, if it means business. You are doing the whole town a load of good. Thank you." She nodded "Sure will." She shook her head to the coin though "No way, I couldn't take such a sum of money. Thanks, but no thanks. And no, I don't believe you are forgetting anything, no."
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:15 am

Eldyn smiles, nodding, but still trying to hand her the coin. If she still refused to take it, he would merely place it on the ground in front of her and step back. "Take it, I'll only get more. Besides, I'm likely going ask you to cook on occasion, so if you must, use it to buy spices and such. Maybe pick out some drapes for the rooms, too." He chuckles and stretches at her other words, though. "If I have willing hands, I will get done that much faster. I think the furniture and rooms will give me trouble, so the townsfolk would come in handy there. Mmm.. But anyways, glad to bring business, just don't drive me out if sheep start disappearing.. It's not me, but I was blamed the last time." He chuckles, then moves away. "I'll be off then!" With this, he stretches his wings some more then flies off, likely knocking any bystanders who had stopped to gawk at the dragon in their town off of their feet with the resulting gale.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2