Elesee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-play Tips and How toos.

3 posters

Elesee :: OOC :: Help

Go down

Role-play Tips and How toos.  Empty Role-play Tips and How toos.

Post  Zarinthya Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:13 pm

I noticed this forum was empty, if we get new people that need help it should be filled so I thought-- Why not? Lets /all/ fill it with tips and stuff for any new to rp people we get.

Below Are some useful 'rules' that are good to remember:

-1) Never, in ever, use second person in a post /unless/ your filling in for a narration.
-2) God modding is a no-no. Must I say more?
Example of God modding--: -Saturn ran up and slashed Mekio's neck, killing him instantly- :
-3) Using words repetitively creates a boring pattern, try and refreign from this(I know its hard XD I still have problems using he and she to much...)
-4) Trying different character types is interesting an fun, Very Happy so let lose.
-5) Giving more detail allows the recipient to do the same, but don't drag out something just for length.
-6) Respect all characters and their creators.

Now to how-to's.

When roleplaying one on one with something things are simple, keep it interesting and make sure your post can be reacted to, or is a reaction/line up for the other to fallow. Leaving things too vague leaves the replier with no where to go. Too many options leaves the story whirling in circels with no sense of direction or ending.
Try to push the story with your ideas, if you have somewhere you want your character to eventually be then drop hints, create dialogue, anything to kind of push it into that direction. The story going there or not will be on the other person and where /they/ what the story to go.
Each push and pull between the members will allow different paths to open, and allow characters to grow and develop. This is good for everyone and highly enjoyable to watch over time, but without it things can grow stale so its good to /allow/ the growth and send your characters(after proper persuasion of course) down paths they wouldn't have normally traveled.

Some basic rp situations do's and dont's.

In a case where two characters are heading for a similar goal it is highly easy to god mod, her is a small example of a do and don't.

Don't: 'Mera raced after the hare, cutting in front of Leo and killing it before he could catch up'.
Explanation-This post gives no chance at reaction and doesn't allow the opposing 'player' a chance or even an attempt.

Do: 'Mera raced after the hare quickly, slamming her paws against the snow in a hurry before looking over her shoulder to see how close her rival was.'
Explanation- This post allows the second 'player' to decided and react. Now after posts like this hints can be given to allow the other person to 'win'. If its still unsure who should win the race its best to ask in OOC for permission. Better to be smart, than blamed for God modding.

Most of the Do's and Don'ts are based around God Modding XD if you have any doubts, ask, or don't do it. XD Lol

Hope this helped. :3

~Zarin

Zarinthya

Back to top Go down

Role-play Tips and How toos.  Empty Re: Role-play Tips and How toos.

Post  SamusRisng Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:10 pm

Thank you for going to the effort of putting all that up Zar, I'm sure it'll help anyone who's new to RPing or just needs a little guidance even.
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:21 pm

Wow, thanks Zarinthya, This will definitely help some people with Roleplaying, even me, Gotta work on the rule number 3, I start most of my sentences with he or she XD, I don't count myself as a good Roleplayer. Thanks again, I am starting to see you are a credit to the forum already^^;
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

https://eleseeroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarinthya Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:38 pm

Lozziieeyy wrote:Wow, thanks Zarinthya, This will definitely help some people with Roleplaying, even me, Gotta work on the rule number 3, I start most of my sentences with he or she XD, I don't count myself as a good Roleplayer. Thanks again, I am starting to see you are a credit to the forum already^^;

^^' Well thanks its really just that having missing things in an opperating forum bugs me a little. :3 Everything should be filled and available for the lovelies that come later. XD Picky picky I know but hey...it works no?

Zarinthya

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:39 am

I understand, however, this is only a small forum, mainly for fun, since I've nearly died from boredom a few times. Plus I don't really expect this forum to go further than a few of my friends. I have them missing because I haven't had chance to, exams and stuff. So i'd prefer it if you don't totally slate my forum, thanks... I'm getting everything sorted slowly, okay?

Plus, you don't expect a 14-year-old, with school, to be able to do everything for a forum within a couple of weeks, do you?
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

https://eleseeroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Elesee :: OOC :: Help

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum