Elesee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tavern work (1)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tavern work (1) Empty Tavern work (1)

Post  Lozziieeyy Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:22 pm

Thelissa was cleaning the tavern, it was nearly opening time. She sat down at one of the tables, crossed her arms over and lay her head on them, exhausted, she hadn't stopped all day. Tammy ran up to her and pulled at her flowery dress, calling "Mum, mum!". Thelissa looked to him, and her face and mood softened. She ruffled his hair, which he moodily smoothed down, before smiling again. "What is it dear?" She asked him finally. He just ran off giggling, and Thelissa found that the reason to follow him. The bar was open, and ready for use, there was no-one there.
The tavern was bright and extremely well looked after, it was quite the small tavern, but it had an upstairs space too, as well as a spare bedroom. It was situated in the small village of Srea, on the border of Terse. The village was quite lively for the size, and the tavern was the highlight of it all.

Last edited by Lozziieeyy on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

https://eleseeroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Tavern work (1) Empty Re: Tavern work (1)

Post  Arakk Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:58 am

Eldyn lands with a thud outside of the tavern, stretching out and relaxing next to the building as he waits for it to open, fully intending to purchase a keg of something cheap when it does. He notes with some satisfaction that the regulars had not arrived yet, and looked forward to meeting them; though this was only his first trip to town since moving into an abandoned gem mine-turned-lair nearby, he was enthusiastic and optimistic about the reactions of the townspeople, the price of alcohol, and the value of the small number of precious gems he had so carefully mined and faceted throughout the week. Such thoughts populating his mind, he can't help but chuckle at himself, a deep rumbling sound that would definitely catch attention if his landing hadn't.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:20 am

Thelissa would jump at the landing, she was upstairs on her sons bed, looking at a picture he made. She kissed him on the head and whispered in his ear "I won't be a moment poppet" She said to him softly, before running down the stairs. She brushed herself down quickly, and looked outside through the window. As she saw Eldyn standing there, she had the right mind to make him wait, but since he looked so patient, she couldn't leave him standing there. She opened the hatch, and took the whole door off, anyone could see it was only temporary. she gave him a curtsy and smiled sweetly "It's all yours for now, You're early... can I get you anything? A drink, hot meal?" She walked over to the bar, and let herself behind it, leaning on the counter.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:28 am

Eldyn grins at the mention of a drink, sticking his head into the tavern. "A drink would be fantastic! I think I'd crowd the other patrons, though, might you bring it out here? I would greatly appreciate it, ma'am." He blinks and tries to recall what else he wanted to ask, humming not-so-quietly for a few moments. "Ah, yes; I've also a number of valuable gems, but no coin. Do you accept those as payment?" The large drake grimaces sheepishly, the thought that selling the gems should likely have been priority just now occurring to him. "If you don't, I'll have to find someone to buy them first."
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:59 am

Thelissa rolled her eyes and got a barrel, figuring a glass wouldn't suffice. She managed to carry it on her shoulder, and set it down just outside "Anything will do, I only recently set up shop here, so I suppose I could go to the local pawn shop or something." She held her hands out "I don't have any set prices either"
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:18 am

Eldyn nods and pulls his head out, reaching into one of several pouches behind his wing to pull out a small ruby, no bigger than a man's pinkie, and a slightly larger emerald, about the size of a thumb. Both are beautifully faceted. Placing them in her outstretched hands, he asks, "What will that buy me?"
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:23 am

Thelissa looked gratefully at the gems and smiled, she didn't know the value of the gems, but she certainly didn't care, telling by the look on her face. She looked up to him "Hey, just take the whole barrel, I'm sure I can stock up more in time, I think there's a jeweler around here who could pay me for these. Thank you."
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:28 am

Eldyn nods with a grin. "Thank you. I'm here to get to know the locals, recently moved into the abandoned mine nearby, made it a lair. I've found that there seems to be a tradition of making friends while intoxicated among the two legged races, so I am trying that." He chuckles again, drawing the barrel towards him with a paw. "I'll be out here, and I will try not to scare your patrons.. But if any of them give you trouble, I'll kill them for you. How's that sound?" He maintains a jovial tone the entire time, thinking little of the thought of killing a rowdy drunk, apparently, or else not even thinking of his words at all.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:47 am

Thelissa nodded, and gave another curtsy "Well, call me if you need anything. And mind if you keep it quite, my little boy is upstairs, and I think a huge dragon could be quite a fright for him, he has never seen a dragon before. In fact, it's been a long while since I've seen a dragon. heh." she smiled and sat on a bench outside "So will you become a regular, then?"
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:12 am

Eldyn nods amiably, cracking open the barrel of mead with a claw and sipping at it politely. "I'll be sure to get your attention.." He chuckles at this, then raises an eyeridge at her mention of a child. "Bring him out, introduce me. I'll be friendly, promise." He smiles reassuringly to ease Thelissa's motherly worries about such things. "Better than him accidentally running into me, right?" As she asks if he will become a regular, he nods amiably, replying, "Oh, and of course! I'll visit whenever I'm in town, I must admit that I'm partial to good mead... And bad mead, for that matter. Not much taste in my mouth, I suppose."
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:26 am

Thelissa shrugged, no point in arguing with a dragon anyway "Sure, I'll go get him" She was actually quite glad he had said to do so. She went back into the tavern and brought her son out. She held him in her arms, and sat back down at the bench, and turned him to face Eldyn, and stands him on the table. He immediately fell back into the safety of her arms. She chuckled and said soothingly "Hey Tam, Don't worry, he won't hurt you." She chuckled and looked up "He's very shy, no wonder, he's faced with a huge dragon, who wouldn't be a little intimidated?"She smiled "I'm glad you'll become a regular, and that jeweller i mentioned earlier, he might give you a good pay for all your gems, or even turn them into jewellery, especially fitted, apparently, and whoever said dragons don't have jewellery?" She hugged Tammy into her chest, she liked talking to this dragon, even if it seemed he was putting customers off.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:39 am

Eldyn notices Tammy's intimidation immediately and lets out a soothing purr, nodding as Thelissa explains his fear. "I don't eat little ones, have no fear. I'm simply another patron, and by now a friend of your mother's, I should hope." Once he is sure the younger one is properly soothed, he addresses his mother. "Thank you, I will search him out and hopefully have coin for you the next time I visit. My new lair has no shortage of the raw gems, you see, but apparently you lot abandoned it because the gasses were too much for you. My gain, I think." He chuckles again, then nudges both of them with his snout playfully. "In fact, I think I will go find this jeweler now, and let you attract some customers in my absence." With this, he stands and wanders off amiably, humming quietly.

--

Eldyn returns about an hour later, having found the jeweler and sold him the gems, accepting less than all of their value on credit for when the gems were made into jewelry and sold. He sticks his head in the door unobtrusively and grins at Thelissa, wherever she might be.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:19 pm

Thelissa smiled and whispered "See, he's just a customer, just bigger" she smiled further and sat him down "Yes, coin is probably better than the gems, but they are pretty, I could have them on display, you never know, that could attract customers." She couldn't resist the urge to touch the dragon's scales, so stroked his cheek when he nudged her, even Tammy reached out, smiling now.
----
Tammy was gone, and Thelissa was serving to two men in the tavern. They both turned around and stared, open-mouthed at the dragon when the light at the entrance was cut off. Thelissa smiled and waved to him "Excuse me for a minute guys" She told the men before walking up to Eldyn "You find him?"
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:39 am

Eldyn nods and pulls his head away from the door, as he realizes he must be blocking the light. "Yes, I did. He didn't have much coin he could part with, but promised me a share of what he made next trip to market. I don't think I've ever seen anyone so happy!" He grins amiably and reaches into the pouch where the gems had been to pull out a pawful of silver and copper coins. "I believe it is human tradition to buy the others present a drink, when such good fortune strikes." He grins and sticks his head in the door to raise an eyeridge at the other patrons as he says this, then chuckles and hands a few of the silvers, likely more than necessary, to pay for said drinks. The drake obviously has no clue of each coin's value, and seems only to loosely grasp the concept that they are currency.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:46 am

Thelissa smiled "That's great. Though you should check in the local stores for advice on money." She takes the coins and gets another round of drinks, and another barrel for Eldyn, dragging it over to him. "Drink up, you're my best customer so far" She smiled, and sat on a table just inside, with a direct view to him.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:14 am

Eldyn nods at Thelissa's advice that he learn more about money, and grins as she brings out another barrel of mead. "Wonderful squishy one, you know me so well already. Many thanks!" Still slightly intoxicated from earlier, he displays less restraint this time and grabs the barrel in his front paws after poking a hole in the top with a claw, tipping it back to drain its contents down his gullet before setting it back down and resting his head on top with a contented purr. "Best customer, you say? I shall be sure to come back, repeatedly." After a few moments, he pokes his head through the door again to see how the other 'squishy ones' are enjoying their drinks.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:07 am

Thelissa chuckled, and leaned against the crumbling doorway "Would you mind not calling me 'squishy one'?" she raised a brow as he downed the drink so quickly, then smiled "I've never seen someone drink with so much gusto... and that's saying something..." She sighed happily "I don't drink myself, bad for you, and I don't want to get into it." The two men inside were drinking their drinks and chatting, they seemed to have forgotten that Eldyn was even there.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:29 am

Eldyn nods, still grinning. "Oh, of course. As long as you know you -are- squishy." He chuckles at this before continuing, "What would you like to be called?" At her next statement, he shrugs. "I enjoy everything I do, or I don't do it. That extends to drinking, too." He chuckles when she says she doesn't drink, and seems unbothered that the men inside weren't engaging him. "Your opinion, to have as you will. Heh.. They also say that the gasses I work around are bad for you, but neither bothers me one bit." He purrs again, the second barrel of mead settling pleasantly in his stomach. "Mmm.. But don't let me get too drunk, might step on someone." Judging from the slight sway of his head as he lifted it to speak, this was already a valid concern.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:55 am

Thelissa chuckled "Of course. Squishy in comparison to you, Scales. You may call me Thelissa. That is the name my parents gave me" she smiled "And you?" She raids a brow when he mentions gasses "And what gasses would they be? Poisonous, Or hallucinogenic?" She joked. So what do you enjoy doing then?" She asked, curious "Apart from drinking and getting high on laughing gas?" She grinned
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:15 am

Eldyn blinks, realizing he hasn't given his name yet. "Oh, I'm sorry Thelissa! I'm Eldyn, glad we're introduced. Hmm.. They seem to kill most squishy two-legs like yourself. Dragonborn seem immune, too." He tilts his head at her last question, then shrugs. "Everything. A couple of my more involved hobbies include chasing dragonesses and singing." He grins impishly at the second one, then continues, "I rather enjoy tavern songs, though noone seems to appreciate when I join in."
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:54 am

Thelissa nodded "Yes. Glad to know who you are" she laughed and smiled "Dragonborne immune too, huh? Eugh. Those hybrids... I can't stand them... Enough about that. Well if it's inneffective on dragons, then obviously it's not bad for you. Might be for us, but clearly not you." She raises a brow at the mention of chasing dragonesses "Oh really? I guess you haven't found your 'True love' yet, hmm? She smiled, but rather less than the beams she was giving before. "And singing... A dragon singing at a tavern. Hmm. Now I wonder why you're not appreiciated singing. Do you sing when intoxicated or not?" She chuckled.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:10 pm

Eldyn chuckles good-naturedly and shakes his head. "Not much can hurt dragons. Hmm.. No, I've not found any sort of love, as of yet. Rather sad, wouldn't you say? Such a handsome young drake like myself, and not a single interested female..." He rolls his eyes at the fickle nature of those he so enjoyed to chase, then goes on, "I don't sing until I've lost my manners. I've been muzzled for it before... Heh, you lot might be puny, but a fair three dozen of you make short work of a drunken dragon." He smiles and rests his head on the empty barrel again before he tips over, feeling slightly drowsy now and figuring that was likely for the best.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:22 pm

Thelissa nodded "True" she crossed her arms on the table and rested her chin on them "Well what can I say. Love is the sweetest poison, nice while it lasts. Right?" She shuts her eyes, huckling briefly at the image of him being muzzled for singing "Ah I see. Well thats you banned from music nights" she smiled and cupped her hand over her mouth as she yawned. She stood up and walked back outside and slowly reaches her hand out to touch his scales, being careful not to disturb him in any way
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:36 pm

Eldyn shrugs unbotheredly. "I have no clue, I've never so much as had a dragoness sit by my side. As for music nights.. It is likely for the best." As she touches his scales, he lifts his head and brings it around to nuzzle her amiably. "You seem to like my scales, Thelissa. Hm-m-mm.. I'll tell you a secret, there's a wonderful little niche between my wings, at the base of my neck.. Wonderful spot to sit, warm, and I hear I make an excellent couch when I'm drunk." Figuring it is too much effort to carry his head back to the barrel, he rests his head near Thelissa and relaxes some, leaving the spot he described easily accessible. "You're a friend, I don't mind if you climb up for a bit.. Just jump off if I fall asleep and start to roll."
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:15 am

Thelissa frowned "Really? that's sad... oh well, at least that means you have never been hurt by it, that's good." She smiled and stumbled back a bit at the nuzzle and nodded "Yeah... I've never been so close as to touch a dragon before. Don't get many in small villages, so far away from both colonies." She lay upright against his chest, running her fingers along his scales. She peeked indoors then shrugged "Why not rest here with you. You've been kind to me, I can trust you." She sat down and rested against him "Thanks"
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next